Tradition of medieval nativity scenes
It is a tradition in the small towns and villages of Italy to organize nativity scenes during the Christmas until January 6, the day of Epiphany.
These nativities are often in "medieval style". In the village of Canale Monterano, about 50 km north of Rome, this year the nativity scene has been prepared within the ruins of the homonymous old medieval town.
The atmosphere was very impressive, the costumes of the figures very beautiful, and the old church next to the village, illuminated with various colors, served as the backdrop to this event reminiscent of the birth of Jesus.
Sunset over the ruins
Facade of an old building in ruins
Nobles in the medieval living nativity scene
Nobles at medieval banquet
Craftsman at work
Craftsman at work for making baskets
Brazier for cooking roasted chestnuts
A brazier for melting iron
Forging a horseshoe
Arts and crafts in nativity scene
Images collage of colored ruined church
Photo credits: , Claudio Balducelli.
- Halloween Creatures: the Owl
- A Moment of Awe-Inspiring Wonder
- An emotional wakening (eventually)
- Everybody loves to take pictures of cats
- Halloween Creatures: the Black Cat
- Aim to shoot for International markets- Advice for stock footage
- Halloween Creatures: the Spider
- Tip of the week: Stock photography and Social Media