Travel Stock - First steps
Time to share the experience.
Before you embark on a new shooting adventure research the location, look at what others have shot: I usually research Dreamstime's collection to see what is currently there, then move to other collections both in Micro and Macro to have a broader view. It helps me understand as much as I can about the culture and the vibe of the place I'm going to visit, to collect ideas. Then... don't copy it, but add your own interpretation: it's all about how you see a city, a country, not about how others have seen it before. You want to bring your personal feelings to the table that will make the place unique again.
Don't forget to add some night shots as well, where the light is not provided by nature, but can be still add something interesting to the scene: cities literally explode with colors at night.
Most of all, have fun: when you are enjoying it, brilliant images come by themselves.
Photo credits: Francesco Carucci.
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite