Travel in Switzerland :: Luzern - Dreamstime
Very good option because was the first travel with a ship, outside Romania (in my country I was only on Danube Delta with water transportation) and because this lake is surrounded by mountains.
In only one hour and a half we arrived in the most beautiful city of Switzerland: Luzern/Lucerne.
Of course you cannot travel in a landmark without know something about that places.
So I search to some words about Luzern and around Luzern.
The city is the most beautiful from Switzerland, but is not in the first three of largest (Zurich, Bern, Lausanne). It has only 75.000 inhabitants (with neibourghood)
In 1415 became a strong member of the Swiss confederacy, after gained the independence from Emperor Sigismund.
The interior design and furniture are almost wholly original Renaissance from the 1630s and 1640s.
The main doors are carved with the two patron saints of Luzern: on the left is St Leger, a French bishop who was blinded with a drill (which he is holding), and on the right is St Maurice, the martyred Roman soldier-saint (see the pictures from History chapter).
Chapel Bridge and Water Tower
In 1993 burned in a fire (caused by a group of smokers)) and had to be replaced.
The bridge runs by the octagonal Water Tower (Wasserturm), a fortification from the 13th century, which has served as a prison, torture chamber, watchtower and treasury. The tower is 43 meter height.
The Reuss River enters the lake at Fluelen (the part called Urnersee) and exits at Lucerne. From Fluelen to Luzern you can travel with the ship.
- Species Spotlight: Killdeer... voice that carries
- Tip of the week: How to make your descriptions work for you
- Creative Ways to Incorporate Reflections in Your Photography
- First commercial steps with a drone
- Tip of the Week: Of Rodents and Patience
- Location Spotlight: Vogel State Park, Georgia USA
- Dog Rescue Photography: Scared Lee
- Portfolio Milestone: 1000 images uploaded and accepted