Traveling with Camera Equipment
It's the age-old dilemma, at least for me when traveling: Do you dare to check anything? Are there items that you must check?
For my photo safari to Africa, I debated these questions for a long while. I would have only once chance to arrive in Africa with the right gear, and losing my luggage was not an option. At the same time, I didn't want to try to carry anything on that would be disallowed.
In the end, I decided to pack my monopod in my hard-sided suitcase. I have heard that these sometimes do not pass security, and I didn't want to take a chance. Everything else--two bodies, three lenses, computer, assorted accessories--went into a soft-sided bag.
What do others check, if anything? Have you been able to take monopods and/or tripods on the plane with you?
Photo credits: Bowie15.
All about color
- Over 600 sales! Creativity never gets old!
- Taking Stock: Designing for Calendars!
- Dog Rescue Photography: Zeus the Tibetan mix
- How to Created Smooth, Subtle Gradients in Photoshop
- Mastering the Basics : InDesign
- How to take sharper dogs pictures
- An Alligator ate my Action Camera!!!
- New Year 2020: Designing calendars