A trip to the island of Crete
I'd like to share with you my last trip to the island of Crete.
Crete is the largest and most populous of the Greek islands and the fifth-largest island in the Mediterranean Sea.
I love this island. I have visited it several times already and again I come back there. Why ?
There are plenty of hidden magical places waiting to be discovered.
I will show you one very unique place.
The unique palm-tree forest in Europe.
The palm-tree forest of Vai is located 20km away from Sitia, on the eastern edge of Crete. It is a stunning, exotic place, a synonym to natural beauty.
It is full of palm trees ( Phoenix Theophrasti ) and it is the only palm forest not only in Greece, but in Europe as well.
Along a small valley you can get to a white sandy beach and green-blue sea.
Vai, is one of the most popular sights in Crete and one of the most beautiful and special places in the whole Mediterranean.
The palm forest of Vai is definitely a unique place, worth of visiting.
Enjoy your day !
Photo credits: Helena Bilkova.
- Use a cooling off period for better submissions
- Summer Thunderstorms - The Water Cycle
- 10 tips to help you write a good blog
- Tip of the Week: Creating your own custom cards
- “You Should Frame That!” (How many photographs can a wall handle?)
- Punta Della Dogana, Venice: The Quiet Brother of the Proud Piazza San Marco
- How to shoot great portraits on location
- Wild Glory