Trovants Museum Natural Reserve in Romania
Trovanti Museum Natural Reserve is situated in Costesti village (Valcea County), in south of village, near National Road 67. It has 11000 sqm and was created as a geological reserve.
In various structural units from Romania there are sand or gress levels with trovants, but the ones in Costesti are impressive because of diversity of their shapes and their dimensions (up to 5 m)
Along with this sediments, from the water get accumulated chemical substances in excess (carbonates). The, over the first beds of sand the sedimentation continues and the sand gest compressed under the beds above. the water is eliminated through the empty spaces between the sand particles, that get pressed.
- existence of sand sendiments and conservation of a vast porosity, despite the normal compression caused by the pressure
- presence of local concentrations - “segregation” of specific minerals from secondary components dispersed in the host rock.
"Trovants Museum Natural Reserve was" created in 2004 and is administrated by "Kogayon Association", a nongovernamental organisation of environment protection.
Photo credits: Emicristea.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget