Try something new
I have many gorilla pictures, some online and more in the archive. I always like their very expressive faces as well as their expressive postures. Since the pictures were taken in a zoo, the backgrounds were not always attractive.
I captured a great look on a gorilla one day and really wanted to make it more interesting. So I started to play with it and finally came up with a gorilla on a dark walkway of an old building, ready to run. It took me a while but eventually the surreal scenery came together in the picture. This was an unusual animal submission for me and I'm so glad it got accepted. It was surely fun to experiment with an idea and really fun to place the gorilla where you usually don't see them.
One the same day, I took another picture and submitted as a traditional zoo picture.
Just wondering, which would you find more interesting?
Photo credits: Jinlide.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success
- These are a few of My Favourite Things: Something New
- To sell or not to sell. What makes the difference?
- Tip of the Week: Photographing the Moon