Try something new
I have many gorilla pictures, some online and more in the archive. I always like their very expressive faces as well as their expressive postures. Since the pictures were taken in a zoo, the backgrounds were not always attractive.
I captured a great look on a gorilla one day and really wanted to make it more interesting. So I started to play with it and finally came up with a gorilla on a dark walkway of an old building, ready to run. It took me a while but eventually the surreal scenery came together in the picture. This was an unusual animal submission for me and I'm so glad it got accepted. It was surely fun to experiment with an idea and really fun to place the gorilla where you usually don't see them.
One the same day, I took another picture and submitted as a traditional zoo picture.
Just wondering, which would you find more interesting?
Photo credits: Jinlide.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images