Try something new
I have many gorilla pictures, some online and more in the archive. I always like their very expressive faces as well as their expressive postures. Since the pictures were taken in a zoo, the backgrounds were not always attractive.
I captured a great look on a gorilla one day and really wanted to make it more interesting. So I started to play with it and finally came up with a gorilla on a dark walkway of an old building, ready to run. It took me a while but eventually the surreal scenery came together in the picture. This was an unusual animal submission for me and I'm so glad it got accepted. It was surely fun to experiment with an idea and really fun to place the gorilla where you usually don't see them.
One the same day, I took another picture and submitted as a traditional zoo picture.
Just wondering, which would you find more interesting?
Photo credits: Jinlide.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror