Two new eyes please, with fries
I know what youre thinking. This guy is probably happy just to get his socks on every morning. Is he high? Pfft. Let me explain ..
I bought a 30D a couple of years back and used it frequently. Didnt know anything about ISO, Exposure, Composition, DOF, Photoshop, RAW ... used the auto mode for everything. Early this year I stumbled upon an article about microstock and registered on Dreamstime more or less for fun. Im sure many contributors have had a similar journey into microstock.
After an intense learning curve (triggered by lots of rejections), I am starting to grasp some of the technical challenges of photography.
But the real impact is not the amount of sales or images online, its about how you view your day to day activities and situtations. Angles, detail, light ....Id go as far as claiming Im experiencing more each day because of microstock.
Wait! ... hes confusing microstock with photography. No Im not. Microstock influences you to setup goals with your photography. To create photos useful for someone else. Not just bring the camera at random occasions. Thats the difference that got me a brand new pair of eyes for use every day.
And thanks DT for letting newbies like me into microstock from day one :-)
Photo credits: Tatyana Vychegzhanina.
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava
- Baling Hay In The Summer
- Understanding the Stock Industry and What Buyers Are Looking For
- There is a flower farm nearby my apartment
- How to Design Calls-to-Action That Get Mouse Buttons Clicking
- Tips On Creating Design Illustration Patterns
- Journey is often more beautiful than the destination
- Crossed 250 images 26 days (Story from Beginning)