The Ugly Duckling
The past two weeks have been so busy! Sheesh! Between running from photo shoot to photo shoot, taking care of my girls and all the insanity that follows, I feel like I'm running in circles! And just when I thought things couldn't get any more crazy we have adopted a Mallard duckling. Yes, I know. I must be insane or a glutton for punishment. Maybe both! Butters (my 5 year old named him/her) has been with us for 2 weeks after getting separated from his mom and siblings. It's been hard to not get attached to him, or pick up my camera every time he does something cute like when he swims in the kiddie pool or nestles into the palm of your hand and falls asleep. Honestly, I thought we would have him a day or two and he would croak from the trauma of my kids or just simply because he's a wild animal and statistically the odds are stacked against him. The second day we had him I read everything I could on how to keep him alive and two and a half weeks later he's growing by leaps and bounds and has started getting his tail feathers. This has been such a good experience for my 5 year old. She's learned respect, responsibility, and she's gotten quite the education on ducks. I look forward to sharing more photos of Butters as he grows up!
Photo credits: Bri Williamson.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget