Every time I upload a picture I have some expectations related to it. Some of them are considered by me as potential bestsellers (never worked out ;). Others I see as photos addressed to very narrow niche of buyers and I do not expect them to fly high to the 3rd or 4th level in a couple of months.
I uploaded the photo below – a monument of polish astronomer Nicolas Copernicus – not expecting too much from it.
Imagine my surprise when it became my bestseller. OK, it's not so difficult in a portfolio where in order to be bestseller a photo has to be sold 3 times, but still… What surprised me even more was that all 3 sales occurred within 8 days and 2 of them even on the same day…
Do you also have such unexpected bestsellers?
Photo credits: Wiktor Wojtas.
- It's a Beautiful Day
- How Do You Add Emotion to an Inanimate Object?
- Tension, fear, admiration, pride, all in one photo
- How to create emotions in photography?
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready