Urho Ghost Castle
Urho Ghost Castle is located in the Urho area, over 100 km northeast of Karamay City. Neighboring the Halahlat Mountain. Characteristic of aeolian landform rare in China, Urho Ghost Castle covers an area of about 30 square kilometers.
After years of wind erosion, hills here were effected into various figures, among which some look like the Liuhe Pagoda by the side of Qiantangjiang River in Hangzhou, some are like the Heaven Temple in Beijing, some like the pyramids of Egypt, some like the Angkor Wat of Cambodia and some like eagles spreading the wings and so on. At nights, strong wind blows sands flying about and stones rolling, thus making frightful and dreaded sounds, which make you feel scared. The native Mongolian people call it “Sulumuhak”, while the local Kazakh people name it “Shytirkrsi”, and both the two names have the same meaning ----Ghost Castle.
Beautiful pebbles that can be used as ornaments can be found everywhere in the Ghost City, what’s more, you can even find the crystal carnelian if you are fortunate.
Photo credits: Chenyun Fan.
How to shoot events
- Wedding is one of the most significant days in the life of a young couple
- Tip of the week: how to choose between being a designer or an illustrator
- Binoculars: a photographer’s tool
- Picking the Right Lens for Any Situation
- How To Create Epic Star Wars Style Star Fields in Adobe Photoshop
- Easy Ways to Create These 5 Retro Photography Styles from the Past
- 8 Lightroom Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
- How to Ensure Your Website’s Images Look Great on Retina Displays