Urho Ghost Castle
Urho Ghost Castle is located in the Urho area, over 100 km northeast of Karamay City. Neighboring the Halahlat Mountain. Characteristic of aeolian landform rare in China, Urho Ghost Castle covers an area of about 30 square kilometers.
After years of wind erosion, hills here were effected into various figures, among which some look like the Liuhe Pagoda by the side of Qiantangjiang River in Hangzhou, some are like the Heaven Temple in Beijing, some like the pyramids of Egypt, some like the Angkor Wat of Cambodia and some like eagles spreading the wings and so on. At nights, strong wind blows sands flying about and stones rolling, thus making frightful and dreaded sounds, which make you feel scared. The native Mongolian people call it “Sulumuhak”, while the local Kazakh people name it “Shytirkrsi”, and both the two names have the same meaning ----Ghost Castle.
Beautiful pebbles that can be used as ornaments can be found everywhere in the Ghost City, what’s more, you can even find the crystal carnelian if you are fortunate.
Photo credits: Chenyun Fan.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget