Using large images for greater impact
As part of our re-branding campaign - we are becoming webrandit.co.uk - I have been redesigning some of our pay-per-click landing pages using some great images from Dreamstime. The latest one uses a very large image as a backdrop for the page to create a stunning first impression - take a look at our branded umbrellas page and see how effective using a full backdrop is.
Taking a large image and resizing for the web is easy, just use your favorite graphics editing suite, resize the image to around 2000 pixels wide at 72dpi and save as a jpg using a mid-to-high quality setting.
You will need to create a style sheet to set the image proportions to "100%" and set "overflow:hidden" to prevent unnecessary scroll bars.
Now, no matter what the resolution or size of your visitors browser, the image will fill the screen.
Have a go experimenting with different images and create something stunning. It's a great way to promote your company or website.
Photo credits: Saporob.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Make Money Selling Online Stock Photography With Cheap Camera Equipment
- Getting older!
- Stock Photography - Here is How to Create Images that Sell
- Some of my gear throughout my stock experience
- Camera Equipment for Christmas?
- Izmir (Traveling Turkey Series - 2)
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past