Vectors: Additional format too big?
Sometimes when I illustrate, my EPS file gets too big (around 50MB or more) and that's one thing you can avoid happening.
- Click Save As (choose EPS)
-A new dialog box appears and you choose the Version: Illustrator 8 EPS (for best compatibility)
-Choose the Preview Format to NONE (this will decrease the size of it quite a bit)
-Now uncheck Embed fonts
-Uncheck Include Document Thumbnails
Now click OK, that should do it.
NOTE: If your vector contains transparency objects when you save EPS 8 you'll have to check the Preserve Appearance and Overprints (in the same dialog box) and that usually rasterizes a part of your vector and increases its sizes a lot, not to mention it reduced editability and quality, so if you have a lot of transparency effects in your file it's more practical to upload the AI file as additional format instead of an EPS 8.
Photo credits: Agencyby.
- Pet Rescue Photography: Bigsby
- Going on the road? Some thoughts
- Work Trips - How to combine commute to work with stock photography
- Three days, nine states and 1,000 miles
- How to Find Great Shots While on the Road
- How to Find Great Landscape Shots While on the Road
- On the road - Flying high
- Endless editorial possibilities on your trip