Vectors: Additional format too big?
Sometimes when I illustrate, my EPS file gets too big (around 50MB or more) and that's one thing you can avoid happening.
- Click Save As (choose EPS)
-A new dialog box appears and you choose the Version: Illustrator 8 EPS (for best compatibility)
-Choose the Preview Format to NONE (this will decrease the size of it quite a bit)
-Now uncheck Embed fonts
-Uncheck Include Document Thumbnails
Now click OK, that should do it.
NOTE: If your vector contains transparency objects when you save EPS 8 you'll have to check the Preserve Appearance and Overprints (in the same dialog box) and that usually rasterizes a part of your vector and increases its sizes a lot, not to mention it reduced editability and quality, so if you have a lot of transparency effects in your file it's more practical to upload the AI file as additional format instead of an EPS 8.
Photo credits: Agencyby.
- 5 Fun Ways to Celebrate Halloween at Home
- 5 Branding Tips for Logo Designers
- Feeding the Wildlife
- How to shoot good pictures with a cheap camera
- Why viewing an image is not an exact science
- Not Much Color in the Photo? Here's what you can do!
- Weekly Stock Photo Review 01: Clear Subject
- Tip of the Week: 20 Must-Know Keyboard Shortcuts for Photoshop