If you are looking for pictures of beautiful great gardens, The Gardens and Palace of Versailles (Château de Versailles in french) might be a good choice. Here are some statistical information from wikipedia, so you can imagine how great they are:
* 800 ha. park
* 20 km. roads
* 46 km. trellis work
* 200,000 trees
* 210,000 flowers planted annually
* 132 km. of trees in rows
* 23 ha. surface area of the Grand Canal
* 5.57 km. perimeter of the Grand Canal
* 20 km. enclosure wall
* 50 fountains
* 620 jets of water
* 35 km. of water piping for the fountains
* 3,600 m3 water consummed by the fountains during the Grandes Eaux
As I was there, the Palace was being reconstructed, but was still able to take some nice shots of the gardens and partly the Palace:
Photo credits: Timehacker.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success
- These are a few of My Favourite Things: Something New
- To sell or not to sell. What makes the difference?
- Tip of the Week: Photographing the Moon