Visualise disk space used (free utility)
Thought it was appropriate that I share a useful windows utility that I use regularly to show where space has gone on my laptop harddisk or an external disk. It is a free utility that you don't have to install so there is no penalty in trying it. You end up finding all sorts of application left-overs, old backups, etc that you can bin and save space. I just keep a short-cut to it on my desktop and use it once in a while to see where my space has gone. My last effort identified a whole lot of HDR working files that I had not deleted, over 20 GB.
To download have a look here ... Spacesniffer
I wonder what other utilities do people out there use?
Perth, Australia City photos
Photo credits: Bevanward.
- Use a cooling off period for better submissions
- Summer Thunderstorms - The Water Cycle
- 10 tips to help you write a good blog
- Tip of the Week: Creating your own custom cards
- “You Should Frame That!” (How many photographs can a wall handle?)
- Punta Della Dogana, Venice: The Quiet Brother of the Proud Piazza San Marco
- How to shoot great portraits on location
- Wild Glory