In the past week I was able to visit the destruction zone around the Merapi Volcano in Central Java, Indonesia.
As a photographer, what struck me was the black and white world I encountered.
I enclose this image as an example. I haven't changed a single level - just all the colour (and life) has vanished from this village.
This house was 14km from the volcano. It was thought safe. In fact people from the 0-10km zone had been moved here for safety.
Then the area was hit by a pyroclastic flow - the most feared volcanic eruption in which a super hot gas clouds descends from the mountain with temperatures of up to 1000degrees. There is no escape.
Many thanks to Dreamstime for the fast approval on this and other images from the area.
Photo credits: OnAir2.
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava
- Baling Hay In The Summer
- Understanding the Stock Industry and What Buyers Are Looking For
- There is a flower farm nearby my apartment
- How to Design Calls-to-Action That Get Mouse Buttons Clicking
- Tips On Creating Design Illustration Patterns
- Journey is often more beautiful than the destination
- Crossed 250 images 26 days (Story from Beginning)