Volcanoes Dominate the Central Oregon Skyline
From Bend, Oregon, the Central Oregon Cascades dominate the western horizon with eight major mountain peaks visible from the city of 90,000. Termed stratovolcanoes, they span from Mount Hood (visible on clear days,) near the northern Oregon Border and Columbia Gorge, Mount Jefferson 50 miles farther south, Three-Fingered Jack, Mount Washington, the Three Sisters (Faith, Hope and Charity,) Broken Top, and Mount Bachelor.
The spectacular skyline takes in a 100-mile vista of dormant stratovolcanoes. Smaller mountains, like Black Butte and Tumalo Butte, fill in the gaps between the major peaks.
See more photos of the Cascades in the "Central Oregon Cascades" collection at https://www.dreamstime.com/central-oregon-cascades-rcollection9965-resi328062.
Photo credits: Dana Kenneth Johnson.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images