A Walk in the Wetlands, King's Billabong, Australia.
Last weekend was sunny and still. Quite a contrast to the weather experienced this week! What better way to spend the morning than to take a walk around the wetlands of King's Billabong. Where is that you may ask. The outskirts of Mildura, near Nichols Point on the Murray River, the top of Victoria, Australia. The bush tracks led me to secluded areas of golden reeds growing in shallow waters lapping the edge of the billabong. Bushy topped grey/green gums stood tall along the bush tracks. A variety of bird blinds or bird hides provided the perfect place to watch the black swans float by and weave their ways between the reeds.
I decided to experiment with Photoshop and change the 'mood' of some of the images. I'm really looking forward to returning this weekend early in the morning as I aim to capture sunrise across these tranquil waters.
Photo credits: Vicki Vale.
All about color
- Crazy about concepts
- Designers extracting colors by knowing their clients
- Winter's Solitude Approaches
- Background information. Part three.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.