What is art?
Experimenting, finding new ways to express yourself is good. But I think humanity's gone to far on that road. Now everything is called art. Even when someone gives a brush to animal (dog, dolphin, etc.) or puts seamless inkblots on the sheet of paper himself it is called art. Sometimes such seamless inkblot-like pictures sell for millions of dollars, why?
One might say that only pictures made in perfect technique are art, but is that so? Child pictures are not perfect at all, but so charming and emotional they are. And some specific pictures (like ones in medical books) are perfect technically but are they art?
How do you understand what the art is?
For me picture is artistic if on seeng it I've got only emotions first and question "How is it done?" only next if ever. Art must be emotional for me.
Photo credits: Makarova Olga.
- Foreign Jorō Invasion!!!
- German Local Travel: The Black Forest's Beautiful Secret (Triberg Waterfalls, Germany)
- Where can I find free photos from Dreamstime?
- Get to know the birds of Turkey - 18 - Eurasian Crimson-winged Finch
- Ten Stock Photography Tips for Success
- Happy Dog's Happy Ending
- Tip of the Week: What Defines a Professional Camera
- American Local Travel: California National Parks (Sequoia and King's Canyon)