What do we do when we don't have pictures to upload
Lack of inspiration, or a too busy period in his/her life, falling in love, falling out of love, camera broke, not enough light, there are a million reasons a photographer such as ourselves would like to take a break from photography. Even the nicest hobby in the world can be a pester some times.
So what do we do when we don't shoot and upload.
Here are a few suggestions:
1. browse the most successful contributors and images, inspiration can pop out of nowhere
2. look through your own online images and rekeyword, retitle, redescribe, increase your chances at new earnings
3. enjoy a good book (photography book, that is)
4. go to an art museum, or look through a paintings album, masters of light were born before Daguerre (if you have no idea what I am talking about do number 3)
5. write, writing stimulates your imagination
6. go out, change the scenery, get your camera with you, but not in the purpose of taking a photo. However, the photo can be waiting for you right there.
7. go see a movie, they are full of wonderful photographs, just imagine a freeze picture on your favorite frame
8. buy a glossy magazine, no need to read it, again, just look at the pictures and be inspired
9. order your favorite piece of historical clothing and stage a medieval photo shoot, it's guaranteed to be fun (I like Japan and its culture, my favorite historical piece of clothing is the kimono)
10. spend time alone, discover parts of yourself you never knew you had.
Well, I can go on forever, these are just some ideas. Hope you enjoy them and add your own "what to do when I'm not shooting" ideas.
Photo credits: Sharpshot.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget