What a mess!
I am not alone having to deal with the rules of being exclusive. I am sure that some of us would of never become exclusive if we really actually knew that we have this huge internet site and public ban on all of our photography and artwork.
I am so happy with Dreamstime, I enjoy the people here and I learn, get inspiriation and have some laughs here and there.. but this really hurt alot of us.
Granted, if I was a professional photographer, had my own kick butt studio and tons of clients, this would not effect me or some others at all..
But what I do sell, is how I make my income. Here at dreamstime, at a craft show, prints and merchandise. This ban is stopping me from making a living.
2 ways to solve this:
1: suck it up and get working..... promote youself.. get yourself out there.. create you own online store with your own domain.
2: Compromise with Dreamstime TOS.. have them understand they are blocking your sources of income and have them really take upon consideration to change this statement in the TOS:
Exclusive contributors may, however, sell their other artwork on a photographer-to-client basis, under a work for hire contract, outside of this Agreement."
Thank you and that's my blog 2 cents. ;0)
- How to shoot good pictures with a cheap camera
- Why viewing an image is not an exact science
- Not Much Colors in the Photo? Here's what you can do!
- Weekly Stock Photo Review 01: Clear Subject
- Tip of the Week: 20 Must-Know Keyboard Shortcuts for Photoshop
- Dreamstime turns 20, you get a $15 anniversary referral bonus!
- Get to know the birds of Turkey - 19 - Sombre Tit
- Missed Opportunities