What is New Year holiday to you?
December 31 is New Year holiday, and January 1 is my Birthday. Not a long time ago I disliked them both. They were saddest days in all year to me. I don't like parties, so I used to spend these holidays sleeping or reading books about something fantastic and wonderful not to see how boring my life is.
But when the year 2008 came, everything changed. One young man (he's my beloved husband now) made both New Year and my Birthday special. He came from another city to be with me at December 31 holiday, and in January 1 in early morning he took me to the ice rink where (when everyone went home besides us) he said he loves me and wants to marry me.
I didn't even hope we could be together. He's much younger than me, he lived 1000km away... and I'm not a beaty at all... and all that. And he just took my hand in his' and said "I love you"...
I never thought that miracles really happen. But they are.
Have you ever seen a miracle? Do you believe in them? Do you wait for one in this New Year day?
Photo credits: Makarova Olga.
- When "Happily" isn't "Forever After"
- Food Photography: A Recipe For Success! (Part 2)
- Tip of the week: Understanding camera's exposure compensation feature.
- Pet Adoption Photography: Wally
- Science Fiction Art: Selling Your Story!
- How to succeed in street photography as a hobbyist photographer
- Always Ready
- Underwater Life List (Wide-angle) #3: Sea turtles