What’s up with Growing Up?
My grandmother was born in central Minnesota and when the flu epidemics hit in the 1900’s, both of her parents died. My grandmother and her brothers and sisters were then put into an orphanage because there weren’t any other family members to take the children. When people would come to see my grandmother for possible adoption, my grandmother would either bite them or she would run away.
When Olaf came to the orphanage, my grandmother liked him and said, “Wouldn’t you like to take a nice little girl home.” Olaf said “I would”, and he did. My grandmother spent a week with Olaf and Lydia and she loved being with them, but she needed to return to the orphanage. My grandmother cried and cried when she had to go back. A few days later Olaf and Lydia came back to take her home for good.
Photo credits: Christopher Bies.
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Forress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite
- The Stock Photography Industry is Changing Again, Will You Be Able to Change Too?
- Tip of the week: Illustrations, how to and how not to
- When night becomes more colorful than day