What’s up with Growing Up?
My grandmother was born in central Minnesota and when the flu epidemics hit in the 1900’s, both of her parents died. My grandmother and her brothers and sisters were then put into an orphanage because there weren’t any other family members to take the children. When people would come to see my grandmother for possible adoption, my grandmother would either bite them or she would run away.
When Olaf came to the orphanage, my grandmother liked him and said, “Wouldn’t you like to take a nice little girl home.” Olaf said “I would”, and he did. My grandmother spent a week with Olaf and Lydia and she loved being with them, but she needed to return to the orphanage. My grandmother cried and cried when she had to go back. A few days later Olaf and Lydia came back to take her home for good.
Photo credits: Christopher Bies.
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava