What type of images are selling
I did some statistics today on my portfolio here on Dreamstime, and I thought I would share the results, in case anyone else is interested. Just to be clear from the beginning: images = photos + illustrations.
Online images = 183. Sold images = 104 (56.8%)
Online photos = 120. Sold photos = 39 (32.5%)
Online illustrations = 63. Sold illustrations = 65 (103.2%)
By the subject of photo:
- photos of people = 33 online / 3 sold (9.1%)
- landmarks, architecture, cityscapes, statues = 60 online / 30 sold (50%)
- landscapes = 14 online / 4 sold (28.6%)
- animals, birds = 7 online / 2 sold (28.6%)
Total number of sold photos = 39
out of which:
- photos of people = 3 (7.7%)
- landmarks, architecture, cityscapes, statues = 30 (76.9%)
- landscapes = 4 (10.3%)
- animals, birds = 2 (5.1%)
Total number of sold illustrations = 65
out of which:
- normal (jpg) download = 50 (76.9%)
- additional format (.cdr) = 15 (23.1%)
Photo credits: Mihai Zaharia.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget