What is She Wearing?
|Wardrobe is key to a professional looking image. And the type of clothing that a model is wearing can enhance the salability of an image in more ways than one.|
|Here is a terrific image of a teen writing on the board in her classroom. The model's top gives a clue to the season: it is clothing that would only be worn in very warm weather. And since school is usually associated with the cooler seasons in most parts of the Northern hemisphere at least, the image usage could be limited if the user wanted to give the impression of a different season. (But then it is perfect for summer school.)|
|When shooting models in school interiors, it's best to show them in seasonal neutral clothing. It's not the clothing that the image is about but the school environment and the student. The same goes for a business environment.|
|A good tip for shooting portraits is to have the model bring several changes of clothing to a shoot that includes a sweater or jacket as well as lighter clothing. And certainly do so if you are implying a certain environment such as a school or university or business environment.|
|On the other hand you can artificially create a seasonal look in portraits by dressing the model in clothes of a definite season.|
|When a user wants to imply a specific season these images will work just fine. And they could have easily been shot in the summer!|
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite
- The Stock Photography Industry is Changing Again, Will You Be Able to Change Too?
Related image searches
Photo related image searches