Where Do We Find Those Keywords?
Yesterday I was trying to keyword this image and I got stuck.
I had…… “Totem, pole, Alaska, face, carved, carving, wood, eyes, mouth, teeth”, and my standard… “vertical, photograph, image”.
I, of course, got all this from staring intently at the photo (which I suggest you do while keywording it), but, I knew there were plenty more I was missing, but I was stuck stuck stuck!
Wikipedia to the rescue.
“native, tradition, traditional, sculpture, artistic, wooden, icon,”
I am sure there’s many more I missed, but it did help me get a little unstuck.
This image I had already done some research on because I am building a website for people who want to photograph Oregon.
Knowing that this site is reported to be haunted is helpful. While it does not actually show a nice flowing spirit coming out the front door in mid-day, the information included might be helpful for someone who is looking for images of places purported to be haunted!
Description: “The Yaquina Bay lighthouse on the Oregon Coast. Built in 1871. This lighthouse building is the only existing Oregon Lighthouses where the living quarters are in the same building as the light. It is considered haunted.” (http://www.photographoregon.com/Oregon-Lighthouses.html).
I am not suggesting that you research the history of the genome of the isolated tomato you are posting, but for those travel photos, a little history included with the description of a landmark building might just be the extra nudge.
"Be careful what you wish for...it might include keywording."
Photo credits: Ginger Sanders.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Tip of the week: Adjusting exposure in post processing
- 3 Top Secrets to help you Shoot professional Photos on your smartphone
- Beautiful Tuolumne Meadows of Yosemite
- How to Produce HDR Photography Without Over Doing It
- Illustration, Vector, Cartoon, Clipart: What's the Difference?
- How to Write Product Descriptions that Stand out and Sell
- Tip of the week: How to be unique in an ocean of stock photos
- Istanbul: The Beautiful Necklace of Asia and Europe