white balance what ?!?! - Dreamstime
hi my friends, what's up?
I'm going to tell you a simple trick to improve the color balance of your images without post-production, it's a simple thing I want to share for beginners like me.
Sometimes looking at my pictures I keen eye that white objects aren't really white, many times my backgrounds turn to cyan instead of white.
It's all about the "color temperature" of a light source, which refers to the warmth or coolness of your picture.
I've used for months the pre-settings of my camera for balance the white, you know sunny, cloudy, shadows, artificial lights..... but I realized that sun light is never the same, cloudy days are always different, darker and lighter.
so I've started to keep in my camera bag some white cards as reference for customize the white balance before starting a session, you can use an unprinted photographic paper.
it's allowing me to take better pictures, and get less rejected pictures!
believe me, you lose a minute but it worth the game!
hope you enjoy!
keep shooting! (with your camera...obviously)
Photo credits: Lorenzo Gambaro.
- Portfolio Milestone: 11100 images uploaded and accepted - Dreamstime
- Puppy Adoption Photography: Traelin
- Expert tips to visually elevate your business
- Tip of the week: Easily create isometric designs without touching 3d software
- Location Spotlight: Mitchelville Beach, Hilton Head Island
- Thoughtful about Drones
- How to do HDR Without Overdoing It
- How to get the Most from Your Smartphone Videography