The Carpathian Mountains or Carpathians are a range of mountains forming an arc of 1500 km across Eastern Europe. Because the Carpathians has until 2544 m altitude, under the "forever" snow, you can see the winter in this mountains from october (november) to may (june), depands on altitude.
Emmanuel de Martonne, the famous geographer of XIX century, said about Fagaras mountains (highest in south Carpathians) that they are Transylvanian Alps.
In winter is dangerous to climb in Carpathians. There are lot of avalanches, between december and march, and than, from march to may are formed lavines on glaciar valleys.
I made a collection with landscapes from White Carpathians. I hope you enjoy it, and i hope that this images make tourists to not eschew this spectacular mountains.
Photo credits: Emicristea.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget