The Carpathian Mountains or Carpathians are a range of mountains forming an arc of 1500 km across Eastern Europe. Because the Carpathians has until 2544 m altitude, under the "forever" snow, you can see the winter in this mountains from october (november) to may (june), depands on altitude.
Emmanuel de Martonne, the famous geographer of XIX century, said about Fagaras mountains (highest in south Carpathians) that they are Transylvanian Alps.
In winter is dangerous to climb in Carpathians. There are lot of avalanches, between december and march, and than, from march to may are formed lavines on glaciar valleys.
I made a collection with landscapes from White Carpathians. I hope you enjoy it, and i hope that this images make tourists to not eschew this spectacular mountains.
Photo credits: Emicristea.
All about color
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - ISO
- Colors for the buyers
- Crazy about concepts
- Designers extracting colors by knowing their clients
- Winter's Solitude Approaches
- Background information. Part three.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step