As the American culture is moving into dutch society more and more, we dutch people are warmly welcoming the grizzly pumpkins in October and the presents under the Christmas tree. It is nice to have holidays added to the ones we used to celebrate from old.
Does it sound a bit familiar? Well, maybe that is because he is said to be a cousin of Santa Claus. I guess giving away presents runs in the family.
But... although Santa seems a really nice guy to me, I hope he stays away from Holland. It seems that where Santa visits a home around christmas, poor old Sinterklaas is no longer welcome... and that to me is a big pity.
Understanding and acceptance around the world is a huge good to me, but also keeping alive the diversity in culture has to have it's attention. So... here's to Sinterklaas!
- Get your tips for that amazing food photography
- App filled with magic - how to edit a photo to look more professional
- An illustrated virtual guide to Gargano in Apulia (south of Italy)
- 10 Workflow Hacks for Web Designers to Supercharge Productivity
- Love your gear - What I learned from going to the service