Why I Chose Dreamstime
After investigating a number of stock photography sites, I have decided to concentrate exclusively on one of the top tier sites: Dreamstime.
I am new, just starting out, with a long road ahead of me as I build up my portfolio.
I chose this site for several reasons.
* First, it has one of the highest payouts of all the microstock sites while it charges very competitive rates for downloads. In other words, it is fair to both designers and contributors.
* Second, it accepts rasterized illustrations, which is the kind that I create (I do not do vector illustrations).
* Third, it accepts a wide range of file sizes, which means that I can submit very large files (my camera takes 21 megapixel files) or I can crop way down to a 3 megapixel file if that is necessary.
* Fourth, it has an extremely well-designed site (I understand that it has just recently been redesigned) with clear directions, buttons, and a pleasing arrangement of information, resources, and functional areas.
* Fifth, it has a great message forum that covers a lot of topics and has a very positive atmosphere. I have already had several questions answered very quickly.
* Sixth, the standards are very high for acceptable images. I know that my accepted photographs and illustrations will be in very good company!
* Seventh, support is fast, accurate, and very helpful.
* Eighth, I have seen that the editors are responsive to input from the photographers and designers.
* Ninth, I really like the fact that every image is reviewed. I have read in the forums of other sites that, once they have passed their initial submission tests, certain photographers try to "slip through" inferior images within a batch upload, knowing that only a few images will be reviewed. This will not happen at Dreamstime.
* And last but not least, according to everything I have read (including books about microstock photography as well as online sources), Dreamstime is one of the most successful and innovative of the microstock companies.
I believe that Dreamstime will be around for a long time and will continue to be successful and innovative. I am happy to be a new contributor and plan to keep my images exclusive to Dreamstime at least for now. Dreamstime has a great balance between high standards and a friendly, responsive, creative atmosphere.
Good Job, Dreamstime! Happy to be here! :)
Karuna Imaging ("Karunaimaging")
Photo credits: Karunaimaging.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget