Why I Hate Stock Photography For Web Design
I came across this video the other day and I thought I would share it here for some inspiration.
This is not my video.
All rights belong to Michael Locke.
I am posting this video as inspiration for all photographers on DT. I think that Michael Locke has some valid points in this video.
Sure, I will agree the most purchased images on stock photography websites have been extremely overused (Top 10 images in 'business' have been downloaded nearly 6,000 times here on DT!) But keep searching and you will find great images with much fewer sales.
92 downloads currently
594 downloads currently
Both of these photos above are very similar but one has over 500 more sales! Without looking would you be able to tell which one has a pile of sales?
Let me know what you think here in the comments I would love to hear from you!
Photo credits: Yuri_arcurs.
All about color
- Crazy about concepts
- Designers extracting colors by knowing their clients
- Winter's Solitude Approaches
- Background information. Part three.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.