Why I Hate Stock Photography For Web Design
I came across this video the other day and I thought I would share it here for some inspiration.
This is not my video.
All rights belong to Michael Locke.
I am posting this video as inspiration for all photographers on DT. I think that Michael Locke has some valid points in this video.
Sure, I will agree the most purchased images on stock photography websites have been extremely overused (Top 10 images in 'business' have been downloaded nearly 6,000 times here on DT!) But keep searching and you will find great images with much fewer sales.
92 downloads currently
594 downloads currently
Both of these photos above are very similar but one has over 500 more sales! Without looking would you be able to tell which one has a pile of sales?
Let me know what you think here in the comments I would love to hear from you!
Photo credits: Yuri_arcurs.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget