Why I Hate Stock Photography For Web Design
I came across this video the other day and I thought I would share it here for some inspiration.
This is not my video.
All rights belong to Michael Locke.
I am posting this video as inspiration for all photographers on DT. I think that Michael Locke has some valid points in this video.
Sure, I will agree the most purchased images on stock photography websites have been extremely overused (Top 10 images in 'business' have been downloaded nearly 6,000 times here on DT!) But keep searching and you will find great images with much fewer sales.
92 downloads currently
594 downloads currently
Both of these photos above are very similar but one has over 500 more sales! Without looking would you be able to tell which one has a pile of sales?
Let me know what you think here in the comments I would love to hear from you!
Photo credits: Yuri_arcurs.
- Playing Around With Design Editing Ideas
- Having A Set Of Pictures Can Increase Sales
- Crafting Pattern Ideas And Tips For Beginners
- 110 images online
- Direct, to the point: How call to action
- 4 Great Photoshop Text Effects to Make your Message Pop
- How to Capture Personalities when taking Portraits
- Turn your Favorite Photo into an Epic Movie Poster