Why I love small flashes to shoot outdoors
I used to always use natural light outdoors, and I still often do, but now that I have started using a small flash off camera I find my images "pop" more and I am able to capture images in all types of difficult lighting situations.
The images here are both back-lit by the sun creating a nice definition, the one of her leaping was captured at a shutter speed of 250 but I metered for the background. Thus, the background exposure is correct and I can also capture the leap clearly!
Without the flash, both of these images would've been difficult to impossible!
Photo credits: Nancy Ziller.
- Animal Shelter Photography: Titan
- Location planning for the British and Irish Underwater Photography Championship 2018
- The fool in the rain
- HOW TO: LOCATIONS from an Austin Photographer
- Try and try again...
- How to find your unique 'Niche' as a photographer
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience
- What makes a travel photography bestseller