Why I love small flashes to shoot outdoors
I used to always use natural light outdoors, and I still often do, but now that I have started using a small flash off camera I find my images "pop" more and I am able to capture images in all types of difficult lighting situations.
The images here are both back-lit by the sun creating a nice definition, the one of her leaping was captured at a shutter speed of 250 but I metered for the background. Thus, the background exposure is correct and I can also capture the leap clearly!
Without the flash, both of these images would've been difficult to impossible!
Photo credits: Nancy Ziller.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror