Why I love small flashes to shoot outdoors
I used to always use natural light outdoors, and I still often do, but now that I have started using a small flash off camera I find my images "pop" more and I am able to capture images in all types of difficult lighting situations.
The images here are both back-lit by the sun creating a nice definition, the one of her leaping was captured at a shutter speed of 250 but I metered for the background. Thus, the background exposure is correct and I can also capture the leap clearly!
Without the flash, both of these images would've been difficult to impossible!
Photo credits: Nancy Ziller.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget