Why should photographers consider buying a Camper van ? - Dreamstime
I was recently at Motormania a meeting of vintage cars and vehicles held on 1st September at Grantown on Spey in Scotland . There were over 300 interesting cars some very old and some relatively new.
Among them was this Bedford Autosleeper 'born' in 1972 so about 40 years old.
It was still in pristine condition after providing holidays over all those years. The owner kept it inside in Winter when salt is put on Scootish roads and which causes rapid rusting.
Why put the autosleeper here ?
Well it is the perfect vehicle for photographers especially for landscape photography.
Take pictures at sunset then sleep. Arise in the early morning and get pictures at dawn.
You have a bed inside, a cooker and sink for washing and no hotel charges.
An ealier version of a VW Camper van I captured at Fort George in Scotland.
Finally here's a fun picture
It looks like an autosleeper but look closely and you'll see that it is in fact a tent painted to look like a VW van !
Any other DT members who have an autosleeper could maybe say if they agree.
Happy holidays !
Photo credits: David Watmough.
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather
- 5 Ways to Creatively Add Reflections in Your Stock Images
- Create Your Own Custom Brushes in Adobe Photoshop
- Species Spotlight: Killdeer... voice that carries
- Tip of the week: How to make your descriptions work for you
- Creative Ways to Incorporate Reflections in Your Photography
- First commercial steps with a drone