A protracted labor of love attempting to create a true color photograph. Ultimately, converting this image to black and white transformed it from pretty girl holding a Pelican wing for no particular reason, into maiden imbued with metaphysical poetry. "Nike was the winged goddess or spirit (daimon) of victory, both in battle and peaceful competition." During the process I spent so much time studying Tasya I feel far more tuned into her unique beauty. Then she wrote me...:
"Wind", in Ayurveda, is directly related to touch.
Wings are a way of touching the air so closely that it can hold us up.
and pelicans are ancient . . . they are prehistoric dinosaur birds...they are our link to the collective spirit consciousness first "taking wing" . . . believing that it could be weightless. and yet, the pelican is still a part of the sea. Still a part of our most primal beginnings, our deepest mother. I have always been fascinated with diving water birds. there is no realm that is not open to them. their consciousness, in a sense, is everywhere.
"I was a wing, in heaven blue,
soared over the ocean,
soared over Spain,
and i was free, needed nobody
it was beautiful, it was beautiful
and if there's one thing, could do for you
you'd be a wing, in heaven blue"
Photo credits: Elena Ray Microstock Library © Elena Ray.
How to shoot events
- How To Create Epic Star Wars Style Star Fields in Adobe Photoshop
- Easy Ways to Create These 5 Retro Photography Styles from the Past
- 8 Lightroom Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
- How to Ensure Your Website’s Images Look Great on Retina Displays
- Animal Shelter Photography: Doc
- Mastering the Basics : Adobe Photoshop
- Mastering the Basics : Adobe Lightroom
- Maximize Your use of Dreamstime Lightboxes