Winter has arrived
Winter arrived in Calgary in full force last weekend, with a big snow dump and cold temperatures passing through 0 C... I had a tarp covering our lawn furniture that freezing rain pooled on and froze. I grabbed a chunk of the ice and threw it in the freezer thinking it might make some cool shots (pun intended!). I had no idea how cool - the little bubbles moving through as it froze almost look like mercury when viewed closeup.
I put the chunk of ice on top of a glass and fired a wireless flash into the glass bottom to backlight it. I can't help but post this picture as I love how amazing it looks :) Take a look at the comp image to really see it up close...
Photo credits: Brad Calkins.
- It's a Beautiful Day
- How Do You Add Emotion to an Inanimate Object?
- Tension, fear, admiration, pride, all in one photo
- How to create emotions in photography?
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready