Winter has arrived
Winter arrived in Calgary in full force last weekend, with a big snow dump and cold temperatures passing through 0 C... I had a tarp covering our lawn furniture that freezing rain pooled on and froze. I grabbed a chunk of the ice and threw it in the freezer thinking it might make some cool shots (pun intended!). I had no idea how cool - the little bubbles moving through as it froze almost look like mercury when viewed closeup.
I put the chunk of ice on top of a glass and fired a wireless flash into the glass bottom to backlight it. I can't help but post this picture as I love how amazing it looks :) Take a look at the comp image to really see it up close...
Photo credits: Brad Calkins.
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava