Winter has arrived
Winter arrived in Calgary in full force last weekend, with a big snow dump and cold temperatures passing through 0 C... I had a tarp covering our lawn furniture that freezing rain pooled on and froze. I grabbed a chunk of the ice and threw it in the freezer thinking it might make some cool shots (pun intended!). I had no idea how cool - the little bubbles moving through as it froze almost look like mercury when viewed closeup.
I put the chunk of ice on top of a glass and fired a wireless flash into the glass bottom to backlight it. I can't help but post this picture as I love how amazing it looks :) Take a look at the comp image to really see it up close...
- Get your tips for that amazing food photography
- App filled with magic - how to edit a photo to look more professional
- An illustrated virtual guide to Gargano in Apulia (south of Italy)
- 10 Workflow Hacks for Web Designers to Supercharge Productivity
- Love your gear - What I learned from going to the service
Related image searches
Frozen related image searches
Photo credits: Brad Calkins.