Winter has arrived in Calgary
Winter really set in this weekend! The temperature dropped below -30C at times, and wind didn't make it any better. It really makes me appreciate my home when I spend a lot of time indoors. It is nice to be 'forced' to spend some time around the fire with family. We had our piano tuned and are all ready for the grandparents to arrive for Christmas next week.
As for photos, I admit I don't head outside when it is this cold. I've started spending more time going through old photos looking for suitable images. Aside from being fun to look at the older photos, I tend to come across quite a few that I either missed or just put off to process in the winter.
Above all - I love the fact that we get all the seasons here in Calgary.
Photo credits: Brad Calkins.
- Always Ready
- Underwater Life List (Wide-angle) #3: Sea turtles
- Tip of the week: Of Travelling and Planning
- Tips for Picking Fonts that Compliment Your Message not Distract From it
- Know Your Subject
- Bad Weather Photography: One Way to Salvage a Poor Day in A Good Location
- Engaging Bird Photography
- Dog Rescue Photography: Bozo