Winter has arrived in Calgary
Winter really set in this weekend! The temperature dropped below -30C at times, and wind didn't make it any better. It really makes me appreciate my home when I spend a lot of time indoors. It is nice to be 'forced' to spend some time around the fire with family. We had our piano tuned and are all ready for the grandparents to arrive for Christmas next week.
As for photos, I admit I don't head outside when it is this cold. I've started spending more time going through old photos looking for suitable images. Aside from being fun to look at the older photos, I tend to come across quite a few that I either missed or just put off to process in the winter.
Above all - I love the fact that we get all the seasons here in Calgary.
Photo credits: Brad Calkins.
- Just For the Love of Nature
- The killer on the cover -- reading into the clues
- Use a cooling off period for better submissions
- Summer Thunderstorms - The Water Cycle
- 10 tips to help you write a good blog
- Tip of the Week: Creating your own custom cards
- “You Should Frame That!” (How many photographs can a wall handle?)
- Punta Della Dogana, Venice: The Quiet Brother of the Proud Piazza San Marco