The wonderful Minolta 100-300 F4.5-5.6 APO Best quality and value tele for your money.
Firstly a bit of background; I am primarily a landscape photog who does a fair bit of hiking and backpacking, so size and weight become important factors for me in my choice of lens.
I don't do a whole lot of wildlife photography unless said wildlife is fairly still. Enter the Minolta 100-300mm APO; which weighs around 1lb and is quite compact, so it's easy to take with me on my hikes.
Now of course small and compact is useless if the quality isn't there, but with this lens, the quality is definitely there and will provide for you stock quality images especially if you stop it down a bit (I find even F6.3 at 300mm does a good job).
This lens goes for in the neighbourhood of 250-300.00 US on Ebay (where I picked up my copy). A definite recommend to those who want a good quality, affordable and lightweight tele lens for stock photography.
Photo credits: Timothy Epp.
How to shoot events
- Wedding is one of the most significant days in the life of a young couple
- Tip of the week: how to choose between being a designer or an illustrator
- Binoculars: a photographer’s tool
- Picking the Right Lens for Any Situation
- How To Create Epic Star Wars Style Star Fields in Adobe Photoshop
- Easy Ways to Create These 5 Retro Photography Styles from the Past
- 8 Lightroom Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
- How to Ensure Your Website’s Images Look Great on Retina Displays