When work is not always work - Dreamstime
I had stopped uploading to DT for close to a year. Partly because work had taken over. Since most of my work involves travelling, I've recently begun using much of my spare time to taking pictures. Hence, there has been a sudden burst of images on DT from me (my total count jumped from 37 to 50 in a week).
I find it easier to get decent pictures when there is no pressure of having to take great ones. As it is for bread-winning work that I travel, I just shoot with what time I have and it is surprising how much better the results are. My acceptance ratio has also gone up (but still too embarrassing to share).
Surely I am not the first to utilise some of my work time for photography, and hence wonder how someone's job affects their photography, if at all. Most of my recent pictures have been shot at the place where I stayed: views from hotels being primary. Some have been from travelling to landmarks on off days.
Do share where your work has taken you and what kind of photography it inspires.
Thanks for reading.
Photo credits: R S Vivek.
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather
- 5 Ways to Creatively Add Reflections in Your Stock Images
- Create Your Own Custom Brushes in Adobe Photoshop
- Species Spotlight: Killdeer... voice that carries
- Tip of the week: How to make your descriptions work for you
- Creative Ways to Incorporate Reflections in Your Photography
- First commercial steps with a drone