The word vacation has taken on a whole new meaning for me. Yes, it means a break from my day job, but these days it also means working to find great stock photos while I'm on my little holiday.
Since I only recently started submitting stock photography, this is a great way for me to incorporate something I love doing – taking photos – and would be doing anyway, with something that hopefully can generate a little extra income.
Before I went on vacation and snapped away with my camera knowing that most of the photos I was making would end up as a small photo stuck in an print envelope in a drawer somewhere in my house.
Now I have a new purpose for all my picture taking, and it's really added even more enthusiasm to my vacations even if I am "working."
Here's a few from a recent trip to the mountains of Georgia.
Photo credits: Caroline Klapper.
- Location planning for the British and Irish Underwater Photography Championship 2018
- The fool in the rain
- HOW TO: LOCATIONS from an Austin Photographer
- Try and try again...
- How to find your unique 'Niche' as a photographer
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience
- What makes a travel photography bestseller
- Animal Shelter Photography: Bama