World refugee day, June 20
June 16, 2010
June 20 is World Refugee Day and UNHCR has special reports, events and videos on the more than 40 million people currently without a place to call home. These are people driven out of their homes, villages, cities and countries by ruthless wars and dictators.
This year's motto is "They took my home but they can't take my future".
So stop for a second to think about them, they had a life, a house, children, a wife, a husband, mothers, fathers, relatives, friends, they worked for their daily bread and now it's been taken away from them and their futures forever.
Remember that these people did not choose exile but they have been forcibly displaced.
In this article you can read more about them, these are numbers, statistics but they are not about money and finances, they are about people who were unfortunate enough to live in the path of violence and war.
- 5 Tips on Mobile Photography.
- 5 reasons why your mobile phone is your best camera
- A decade of Dreamstime in pictures
- 10 things that Canada gave to the world
- 6 ways to spend your birthday this year
- 10 odd facts about Internet's favorite pet, the cat
- 10 things to do with your mother on this Mothers Day
- Top 10 tips for new contributors
- Top 10 awesome destinations for 2016
- Finding the right location, props and lights for your stock photoshoot