WWII and Eastern Europe
When visiting Eastern Europe the scars left from WWII are visible everywhere, in the landscape and its people. Conversations often turn to this topic, and once there bitter memories and still-vital nationalistic pride and prejudices come to light. It is not hard to understand why this happens, with many structures built for the purposes of the evil intentioned still standing, the ghosts of the past just cannot be avoided. In order to pull some pride and honor from this sad time of occupation and loss, heroic rescues and victories are replayed for the new generations to witness.
The images presented here represent Auschwitz, Communist Blok style Apartments, and a Reenactment by Poles of the Battle of Monte Cassino.
Photo credits: Aviahuismanphotography.
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget
- Don't Let Pixel Envy Drag You Down
- Reduce Eyeball Overload by Sticking to These Minimalist Design Tips
- Try These Quick Go-to Settings for Multiple Lighting Conditions
- The Road to a Perfect Ad: From the Consumers Perspective