WWII and Eastern Europe
When visiting Eastern Europe the scars left from WWII are visible everywhere, in the landscape and its people. Conversations often turn to this topic, and once there bitter memories and still-vital nationalistic pride and prejudices come to light. It is not hard to understand why this happens, with many structures built for the purposes of the evil intentioned still standing, the ghosts of the past just cannot be avoided. In order to pull some pride and honor from this sad time of occupation and loss, heroic rescues and victories are replayed for the new generations to witness.
The images presented here represent Auschwitz, Communist Blok style Apartments, and a Reenactment by Poles of the Battle of Monte Cassino.
Photo credits: Aviahuismanphotography.
All about color
- Over 600 sales! Creativity never gets old!
- Taking Stock: Designing for Calendars!
- Dog Rescue Photography: Zeus the Tibetan mix
- How to Created Smooth, Subtle Gradients in Photoshop
- Mastering the Basics : InDesign
- How to take sharper dogs pictures
- An Alligator ate my Action Camera!!!
- New Year 2020: Designing calendars