Xmas break or not
I find the freedom to just shoot my own things, my family, my surroundings (I'll be traveling through some remote and beautiful parts of South AFrica to some family) makes me trigger happy to the extreme. Nevermind that I am a commercial photographer, because it seems the freedom to just take pics of anything makes me even more a photographer than doing it for a living.
I love shooting. My wife kids and I took an hour train trip to Simon's Town on Saturday and I came back with 150 images of us on the train. Hehe.
I've ranted and raved about the benefit of this career, but man, you gotta admit... it is pretty cool to even WANT to keep on doing what you do in increased amounts when you're on holiday. Thomas Edison I believe suggested that if you enjoy your work you won't work a day in your life. I agree.
Now for Xmas.... what am I going to shoot?
Photo credits: Danie Nel.
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget
- Don't Let Pixel Envy Drag You Down
- Reduce Eyeball Overload by Sticking to These Minimalist Design Tips
- Try These Quick Go-to Settings for Multiple Lighting Conditions
- The Road to a Perfect Ad: From the Consumers Perspective