The Zapata Wren: an extreme example for endemism - Dreamstime
The Zapata Wren (Ferminia cerverai) is not only an endemic species to the Island of Cuba but also to the Zapata Swamps nature reserve and only to a reduced part of this wetlands.
It took me 3 days to get the picture as the Wren was reacting to the call but staying always completely under cover, only at the third and last day it came out completely allowing for quite a number of photos.
Photo credits: Joan Egert.
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather
- 5 Ways to Creatively Add Reflections in Your Stock Images
- Create Your Own Custom Brushes in Adobe Photoshop
- Species Spotlight: Killdeer... voice that carries
- Tip of the week: How to make your descriptions work for you
- Creative Ways to Incorporate Reflections in Your Photography
- First commercial steps with a drone