Editorial image. Not to be used in commercial designs and/or advertisements. Click here for terms and conditions.
The first Germantown Horse Show was held in 1947 at a new privately owned show ring and barn located at present-day 7930 Poplar Pike. Three gentlemen from Jackson, TN were invited to manage and participate in the show: Emmet Guy as show manager and announcer, and Jimmy Exum and Haskell Belew as hunter/jumper exhibitors. Out-of-town guests called for hospitality, so a square dance was held in the loft of the barn the night before the show—the first Exhibitors Party. Traditions were being established, and the dream was taking shape.