I drive traffic to my dreamstime portfolio by using keyword type words that can be found, they are on my favorite subjects. I have referred many members this way, catering to people that are looking for that subject type I create. I think if you type out some good paragraphs on your blog incorporated with the keywords you think others may use to find you may be a way. I'm not an expert only know what works for me.
Just update your blog continue and you will have visitors. The best way to make visitors for your blog, is to write, write and write. Google is indexing automatic all the pages and send visitors to your site. For blogs, is very healthy to subscribe in blogrrols. Change links with other bloggers and so on.
Quoted Message: Make sure to have your own blog or website. Spend some time on forums. Create a facebook or Twitter account strictly for your photography, or even a Facebook fan page. All these things help.
These are very good suggestions. And make sure, that your page isn't static. Give always something fresh to your visitors. New images, new tips, new links. I have a Facebook page too, but I don't see it as a Fans page. It's just a great place to share information about photography with my friends. I love to do it and I'm happy if some of my friends find it useful or interesting too. if you want to attract customers with your site, you have to offer something on your site, what your customers need. some free images? A little bit lower prices? Some special service - like print, image search etc. If you provide something useful on your site, customers will come.
Quoted Message: Thanks. But I was asking about how to make your blog be "found." Like if there is some html coding that helps it in google searches. things like that. =)
Sorry, I missed that comment...
You can promote your blog articles by posting links to them on your Web page or Facebook page or Twitter account. Or if you have an article about some specific topic (like "Tips for night photography" or "How to save vector files"), you can google for blogs or forums, where people are asking questions about such topics and if you have a good answer for them in your blog, you can post your link there.
There are numerous SEO techniques that you can combine to effectively drive traffic to your website.
1. Submit your website to search engines. An XML sitemap is helpful for search engines when they crawl your website. A Robots.txt file is useful to suggest how/if the search bot crawls your website. It doesn't control the bot, however.
2. (already mentioned) Let people interact with your website using social networking websites and comments. Social networking websites have a variety of APIs that you can easily integrate into your website. Treat your visitors like peers, not "users of the website I own".
3. Practice deep-linking. Deep-linking is linking between your pages on your own website. Doing this will tell the search bot that you've got important stuff on your website!
4. Give people a reason to return to your website. Basically all popular websites are updated frequently. Having a consistently and frequently updated blog/RSS feed on your website with high quality content will help a lot.
5. Your website's success depends largely upon other websites linking to you (its all about the links!). Post comments on forums and other blogs. Link your comment name to your website. If you see a relevant situation on blogs/forums, link to a page on your website. Just don't spam out the Internet with links.
6. Format your web pages strategically. When you link, don't link to "my site" - link to "CyberStream.us". In other words, don't use ambiguous words or phrases in the link, if you can help it. The search engine treats the words in the link as keywords. The same thing goes for bold tags (< b >). Emphasize important keywords on your page with bold tags—just don't overdo it. When you post images, give the image file a descriptive title. Also, the alt="" attribute in the < img /> tag is important. Those words are keywords.
There's a SEO (search engine optimization) summary in 6 points for you! :) Obviously, search bots are very complex "creatures". There's so much more to know about them, but this is a good start for getting your website noticed.
Forgive my ignorance, but I signed up with Twitter in order to promote various sites I'm on. However, despite their help page, I'm not sure what to do. I mean... I did add several accounts to follow, but how are people going to find me? It seems useless to send out tweets if no one is following me and I don't feel like spam-repying other peoples tweets with my account link.
I mostly prefer to do by doing social bookmarking and pinging on our blog post link. These how you will get a good quality of backlink. These backlink also helpful in getting more traffic to your blog. I mostly say that you go through stumbleupon, digg, and delicious.
You cab do a trial version of a keyword search with a SEO (search engine optimization) program. Then use those words as needed in the first sentences of your blog. If it works, then you can purchase it for different subjects.
Also do an email campaign or cultivate and email list. Use facebook and twitter etc share buttons on your blog or email at the top and bottom of it.
Another idea is to feature a quest for your blog that has a following or just re-post something from another blog you find useful. Then because they will often share the fact that you bothered to help them out then often their readers end up finding your blog as well.