The famous St. Catherine's Church of Carcar City in Cebu, Philippines was built by the Augustinians between 1860-1875. was destroyed by the Muslim raiders in 1622. The present stone church was constructed on top of the hill for security purposes.
The wide Graeco-Tuscan facade, with Muslim decorations has a double indented arched main entrance,a blind wheel window under the upper arch, baroque pediment. The church's patio is surrounded by a fence of Coral stone and wrought iron. It has 12 statues of the 12 apostles painted with white except for Judas, standing alone on a pedestal in front of the convent, painted with black.