Tarragona Amphitheatre is a Roman amphitheatre in the Catalonia region of north-east Spain. It was built in the 2nd century AD down from the walls and facing the sea. After Christianity became the official religion of the empire part of the edifice's stones were used to build a basilica and in the 12th century, when a church was built over the remains of the Visigothic church, in Romanesque style. This was demolished in 1915.
Photo Taken On: October 28th, 2010