Editorial image. Not to be used in commercial designs and/or advertisements. Click here for terms and conditions.
People in front of the Santa Maria del suffragio Church, Ravenna, Italy, June 8th 2011
Located at Piazza del Popolo, Santa Maria del Suffragio is one of Ravenna's newer churches. It was completed in 1728 by the Baroque architect Francesco Fontana who designed an octagonal church with a chapel at each side of the octagon. The Baroque façade is made of Istrian stone and contains sculptures by Celio and Giovanni Toschini, while the interior has beautiful stucco sculptures by Antonio Martinetti.