Editorial image. Not to be used in commercial designs and/or advertisements. Click here for terms and conditions.
The history of St. Michael's gate dates back to the end of the 13th century and first written document about its existence dates to 1411. The fortification in front of the St. Michael's gate was closed off by drawn bridge over water ditch, later on rebuilt for stone bridge. The entrance was closed by a drawn Iron Gate together with a wooden door.
Today, there is a museum of medieval fortification of Bratislava and arms located in the tower.