Editorial image. Not to be used in commercial designs and/or advertisements. Click here for terms and conditions.
The history of UPSI dates back to 1922 when the University was then known as the Sultan Idris Training College (SITC). It was set mooted by the then Deputy Director of Malay Schools, Sir R.O. Winstedt as a training college for Malay teachers. Named after the late Sultan Idris Murshidul Azam Shah, the 28th Sultan of Perak, the college was opened on 29 November 1922 by the Chief Secretary of the Federated Malay States, Sir George Maxwell.